Its pretty annoying when in Windows 7/8 pops up a confirmation of admin approval to run a program even though you use that application quite frequently. How about if we can remove UAC admin approval prompt (yes that’s what it is called) for certain programs of your choice and launc any of your desired program frequently without any interruption or delay.
Although you can turn off the UAC admin prompt for all programs but I won’t recommend it as it might make your computer vulnerable to self launching suspicious programs that can harm and take over your computer.
What is a UAC prompt?
In simple words, UAC prompt stands for User Account Control prompt which is a feature which was introduced Windows Vista onwards. It a kind of security layer to give users better grip on what’s happening in their computer . And in this case, to prevent self launching malicious programs from making changes to the computer which are called UAC admin approval prompts.
There is a default manual method provided since Windows Vista onwards to remove UAC admin approval prompt for some applications but it has a catch. It can only launch the application based on time set or timer, and not on demand. However with the help of a freeware application, you can get success in removing UAC prompt for your desired applications
Time to remove UAC admin approval prompt forever. Follow me.
I don’t know if my Operating system is 64bit or 32bit. What to do?
Go to Start Menu. Find the Computer option. Right click on it. Click on Properties option. It will take you to a SYSTEM window, something similar as given in the screenshot below.
2. Download and install like you do for any other application.
3. Launch the program, a window will appear as given below in the screenshot.
4. Fill out the name you want for that shortcut of the program in Name field. Do not leave it blank as it may create confusion later on.
5. In the Path field, locate the launching file of your program. Here I added some launcher for demonstration purpose.
6. Click on blue text which says Add Now, and it will create a shortcut of the program with UAC prompt bypassed on Desktop.
You can move it anywhere as you like. Now enjoy UAC prompt free usage of programs. It will have same icon as the launcher, its not there because the application I took doesn’t have one.
All done? No, wait a minute, there is one thing still needs to be done.
This tiny program needs to be running all the time for those UAC prompt bypass to work. You will have to do it manually every-time you launch. But we can fix it with task scheduler. Here is how.
- Go to Start Menu, search “Task Scheduler” .
- The window of Task Scheduler will appear. Click on Create Task.
- Under General tab, set name for the task. The name won’t matter so you can name it anything.
Note:Tick the box which says “Run with Highest Privileges” at the bottom of the tab.
- After that, go to Triggers tab. Click on New button given below there. It will take you to set the condition window. The program will run if the chosen condition is met. Set the Begin The Task option to At Startup as highlighted in the screenshot. Click on Ok.
You will be needing to locate a file in next step and if you find it difficult, how about trying the Fastest Method to Search Files/Folders on Windows ?
- Then go to Action tab, click on New button, it will take you to a new window. Here locate the launch file of the program you want to run without UAC prompt. Here I took UAC shortcut service starter which otherwise requires manual launch every time you log in to your computer. I located the launch file named tracer.exe from Installed folder of UAC Trust Shortcut(Normally it will be in C:Program Files/ItKnowledge/tracer.exe assuming you set the install location folder to C drive) and added it to actions to be performed. Now press OK button.
- Head back to General Tab, and hit Ok button below. Your scheduled task is ready to perform. Now you can either run it straight away from Task Scheduler library by right clicking or Restart your Computer. Choice is yours.
That’s all folks
I hope that you succeeded in performing above steps and was able to create UAC prompt free launchers shortcuts for your programs. That’s it for this article, will come with another post soon to make your computing experience better and more efficient .