Are you a photographer or content creator ?, and don’t like people copying your unique pictures without giving credit?. So now you have decided to put watermark on your image, but the question is, how to do it correctly with a touch of professionalism.
Many times the question “How to watermark image” would have popped-up in your mind
Don’t worry, in this article, I am going to teach you that how to watermark you image. And let us start with the way I do it.
1. Watermark using Photoshop
I know, many of your might now have it, but it’s the best way to do it. If you don’t have photoshop, then you can download the trial version from HERE.
I have made a video tut for your guys to understand easily
2. Online Websites for Watermark
For all those people who can’t download Photoshop, Online watermarking tools are the best alternative. Below is the list of the some of the ones I found quite good.
i) Picmarkr - It is a very popular online watermarking tool for images. You can choose from text watermark, image watermark or tiled watermark. You can even directly load photos from Flickr.
ii) FreeOnlineWatermarker- The biggest plus point of this tool is that it allows pictures in various formats like .png, .jpeg and .bmp . It is a good tool for adding a single picture, like cover photo etc, as it allows only one picture at a time in free version.
iii) Watermark.ws - One of my favorite as it offers features like image compression and they also keep your previous watermarked photos in their database, so that if you miss-place it, then you can get it from there, simply by going to homepage.
iv) Watermark-images - This tool not only allows you to watermark images, but also PDF files. If you creating an E-book, then this might help you in watermarking it.
v) WaterMarkTool - Last but not the least, this watermarking tool is simple. It’s biggest plus point is the upload image size limit which is 10Mb.
If you have problems uploading images online due to slow internet upload speed or size, then hang on second. It can also be done offline with the help of Microsoft Office. Yes, you have heard it right, it can be done in MS-word.
Let’s have a look at the way to do it in Microsoft Word first :-
For Word 2003 and later
- Open the Word.
- Now Open the Image that you want watermark on.
- Click on Format menu in the toolbar. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select Printed Watermark.
- A dialog box will pop-up.
- Choose Text Watermark. A text box will appear.
- Type the text that you want in the Text box.
- Click on the font you’d like in the Font box.
- Now decide how large you want the letters to be. In the Size box, either leave the choice as Auto or click on one of the sizes options available.
- Decide what color the letters should be. Click on the color of your choice in the Color box.
- After that, decide how dark you want the letters to be. The Semitransparent box will be checked. Leave it as is, or click it if you want a stronger color.
- Decide if you want the letters to be horizontal or diagonal, and click that option next to Layout.
- Click OK. You just created a text watermark. Save your file
For Word 2010 and later
- Open a blank document
- Open the picture in the document
- Go to the Page Layout tab.
- Select Page Background group.
- Click on Watermark
- Click Custom Watermark
- Click Text watermark. A box will open up.
- Type the text that you want to use as a watermark in the box.
- Click Insert
- Save your document
If you are still looking some independent softwares to do the job, then have a look at some the software I mentioned below
Software like Snagit. from which after taking screenshot, you can add watermark from its editor
And Mac users, don’t be sad, because are softwares for you guys too.
How difficult was it for you to follow my instructions?, do you know any better method for watermarking images?, then tell us below in comments !
Will see you in next article, See you soon.!