Recently the social networking giant Facebook launched the “notification sound” which produced a “beep” sound as soon as you get a notification. It is actually a great way to keep you updated on what’s happening in your Facebook profile. On the other hand, it becomes annoying when you keep on receiving these notification sounds continuously from Facebook.
Don’t worry, there is simple way to disable it itself from Facebook settings. Follow the small tutorial given below to check it out !
- On the top-right corner of the page, you will find a “wheel”.
Click on it and then choose ‘Account Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now, on the left hand side of the page, click on the ‘Notification’ option which is with a small “Earth” pic.
- Next, in the sub-section over the right hand side, you will find ‘How you Get Notifications’ menu in which there will be different options
- Now click ‘On Facebook’ option . Now a grey box with a tick box will be visible with an option ‘Play a sound when each new notification is received’ .
- Simply, un-tick it and click ‘Save changes’.
See, it was simple, wasn’t it ? If you have any problem regarding Facebook or any other social networking site, then drop a comment with your query, Will reply to you ASAP !
Also check out : How to Disable FACEBOOK chat “Seen” feature