Release date :
27 September,2013 for all platforms
EA sports, the spots video-game developing giant has rolled out the preview of much awaited gaming series FIFA’s latest FIFA 14, which has promised to take football gaming to next level with features like ‘Pure Shot’, ‘Real Ball Physics’, and the midfielder-friendly ‘Protect The Ball’. Last edition ’13, was the biggest hit of the series and sold around 4.4million copies in first week of sale. Talking about FIFA 13, which was undeniably exciting with its too open feel , back-forth gaming. Let’s have a look the features with our critical analysis about them.
- Real Ball Physics: Now strike the ball with more dynamism and artifice. Realistic ball physics now determines the movement of balls in game, enabling players to strike the ball from a distance with great compulsion. Drill low ascending shots with accuracy, and blast steep or deflecting shots, just like real footballers. We have been waiting for this implementation for long, let’s wait for the demo/alpha version to give final verdict.
- Precision Movement: With precision Movement in action, now every step counts as players lodge, cut, pivot, and shift momentum with the litheness and unpredictability of real footballers. Players feel more grounded, frisky and athletic making the game-play even more realistic. Well, I personally don’t think that players need to feel any more “grounded”, instead they should work on making running more realistic and intellectual in offline mode, as we have seen computer controlled players running like dumb in different directions.
Click To Enlarge Pictures !
- Pure Shot: Shooting has been re-modeled in the latest edition. Players have been injected with more intelligence for better striding and landing angle to find the most appropriate position for hitting the back of the net. Biggest advancement in the game is that the players can now shoot while off balance or rushed. According to me, this is the best thing for a striker oriented player with chances of hitting ball well while being off balance, unlike the earlier additions, where off balance meant chances becoming negligible.
- Protect The Ball: Command whole midfield and behest the tempo of the match. Defend and block defenders from the ball while dribbling at any speed. Safeguard the ball from attacking opponents through midfield and dominate the throbbing pace of the match. I genuinely believe that EA has done enough justice in this sector of game-play, but more improvement would be welcomed by the fans.
- Teammate Intelligence: Improved and faster judgement-making delivers closer, improved run tracking and smarter marking. Defenders recognize opportunities to provide support and win back possession. Attacking players have new ways to confuse their opponents and break tighter, more ingenious defenses by creating space for themselves to make tactical situation as trap against opponents, running along the back-line and checking their pace. Thank you EA, for having a look at this crucial point which we were missing from the start.
FIFA 14 – Official Trailer
- Sprint Dribble Turns: Apply speedy, with volatile cuts and turns to beat defenders one-on-one while sprinting with the ball. Players can move in any direction, conserving their natural momentum and retaining possession of the ball.
- Variable Dribble Touches: The first touch of dribbling deviates the touch when dribbling ball with pace. Moreover skilled players have an upper edge of touch and control to stand out, while less skilled players will experience lesser perfect touches and more uncertainty dribbling, formulating contingency for defenders to win back possession, and placing emphasis on building play through midfield.
- Curling Lofted Through Balls: From now on players will have the ability to swirl the ball around opponents for delivering accurate passes to teammates or send the ball into empty room for creating chances.
- Second Chance Tackles: Biggest boon for players like me who believe in effective defense rather than just attack. In all the former versions, defender looked like a spectator after failing to get possession of ball in first attempt and then all the pressure would go on the poor Goal-Keeper. The tackling zone has been extended to enable defenders to mix contra-distinctive types of tackles and, recover from missed tackles quickly, and get a second chance to compete for the ball in any tackling scenario.
- Skill Games: A more challenging practice mode that enable players to learn or expertise the bottom-like skills necessary to take on FIFA 14. This is a great development for the hardcore FIFA fans, as sometimes they tend to get bored in practice.
- Career Mode: Search for hidden talent all around the year with the all new Global Scouting Network that brings the world of professional scouting to a realistic level where you could really feel it being real. Cultivate and refine your own scouting network. Guesstimate young blood to reveal and polish the attributes of players who could assist your squad during the transfer windows. A new hub has greatly helped in delivering easy navigation, fewer disturbance and live scouting reports.
It’s good to see that EA is giving so much importance
- Complete Authenticity : And as always all clubs, leagues and more than 15,000 players are officially licensed by EA from FIFA .
Still confused ?, then watch the game-play itself below !
FIFA 14 gameplay – Full Match (Barcelona vs Galatasaray)
Final Verdict …
Overall, we all are pretty much excited to play FIFA 14, and after FIFA13, the expectations are even-high. With the improvments in game-play, we look forward to the best virtual football experience
Rumors are floating about FIFA 14 is scheduled to be released for consoles alone, leaving PC users in a bizarre due to their new game-play engine “Ignite’s” incompatibility, but Nick Compton(Chief of Designing, FIFA series) rubbished the rumors saying that Ignite engine will not released in PC edition.
We expect the comeback of “LAN mode” as many LAN FIFA tournaments are stuck with FIFA 13 due to difficult configuration without LAN mode which was removed after ’11 from the game.
What do you think about FIFA 14? or its earlier versions? Don’t hesitate share with us via comments 🙂
Or , you think that PES is better than FIFA?, then justify your statement with the help of our comment box !