For all the Online Indian shoppers out there, there is a very good news for you, but a panic attack for all the
Indian shopping sites who victimize innocent Indian Online shoppers.
Long awaited Online Mega Retail-store Amazon.com’s plan of entering Indian market has finally turned into reality with it’s launch of Amazon.in some hours ago. By the time you finish reading this post, it may get indexed by Google too.
Previously Amazon made a small entry through their Indian Shopping sites search engine portal named Junglee.com through which Indians could search for products and see the pricing of all Indian shopping sites at one place.
While you enjoy browsing through the products on Indian version of amazon.com which right now only have books. Let us point out the top problems faced by Indian online shoppers while shopping online
1. High Price – Often charge as same as offline stores, except when you’re lucky or smart enough to find a coupon code.
2. Delay in shipping – One of the major problem in case of majority of Indian shopping sites.
3. Wrong Shipment – I have heard that Flipkart, the most reputed indian shopping portal once shipped an empty box of SAMSUNG IV without the phone itself. On calling Customer Care, the CC advised to accept the shipment and later they will ship the phone, what an irony !
4. Authenticity of Sites – Some sites seems like trustworthy but end up as a fraudulent site.
5. Rude Customer Care – Although many have improved, yet still a noticeable amount of sites have those rude customer after sale executives who are not ready to accept fault at their end or file a complaint.
Now I guess you must familiar with the common problems of Indian shopping sites.Now let’s discuss some measure to avoid getting victimized by some bad Indian online shopping sites.
- Site Layout – Site should look decent with decent quality images of the product
- Cash On Delivery – Opts for this option if you shopping for the first time from a new site. This deducts the risk of money.
- Throw-away price – If the deal looks like super cheap, for example a 100$ shoes for 20$ .
- Search for Reviews – This point helps us in getting the customer’s experience with the site you inquiring about. Don’t get upset if one or two reviews are bad, look for the reason that why have they given them bad review, they might be genuine problems or Consumer’s fault.